On Saturday I was ready to do the final bit of glassing on the hull - the inside. I just finished sheathing the outside of the hull on Thursday with 1.5 layers of cloth and 3 coats of epoxy.
Friday night was actually a pretty slow night. A friend showed up with a bottle of Gibson's 12 Yr old whiskey - om nom nom!!. We put a very fine dent in the bottle before 10:30 when he went home. Not wanting to miss an entire night of building, I decided to pull the stations out of the hull and complete the filleting of the keel and chines. A very short job and no pictures either.
Saturday was my son's basketball tournament. This was an all day affair so I was not able to do anything with the boat until after supper. I tackled the next task on the list - putting one layer of glass and two coats of epoxy on the inside. The glass and first coat were done in a couple of hours on Saturday night. I put the final coat of epoxy on at noon on Sunday. As often, I never bother to take the camera out during the process - don't want to get expoy all over it - so I only have a shot of the finished product.
|Inside completed. Note the "alternate " location of the boat at this time. (See reason below)|
|Joining up the deck panels.|
I used the weights to hold the joins during the gluing up. Two sets as there are two joins in the deck. On the edge of the table you can see my batten. I had to reglue it as the original join broke during some rough handling!
Next step is lofting the lines onto the plywood and cutting the deck. I can't wait to see this thing sitting on top of the hull. Fingers crossed that my hatches arrive today!!